Making modifications to your current study may require additional changes to study procedures or study documents housed in eIRB+, including the protocol, consent form, and recruitment materials.
Only one Modification may be under review at any time (except changes in study personnel). Multiple changes may be bundled into one Modification submission. Minor modifications to approved research may undergo expedited review. More substantial modifications, especially those that change the risk-to-benefit ratio, may require review by a fully convened Board which typically takes longer to process. Plan carefully if you bundle changes so as to not delay the review of a change that could be done under expedited review.
- Access to eIRB+ is available on the eIRB+ page.
- After logging in, choose “My Studies” and filter by PI or Study Number to find the applicable study.
- Choose the applicable study from the resulting list.
- The main page for the study will appear. Select the New Modification button located in the left column of the page. If you do not see this option, there is currently a modification under review. You must wait until the current modification is complete.
- After clicking the “New Modification” button, the form will open. Complete all questions on the main page of the Modification submission.
- You will then be asked to update the study application to reflect the changes described in the Modification form that you just completed.
- When you have reached the Final Page of the application, click "Finish".
- Important: The PI or PI Proxy must click the “Submit” button under "My current Actions" on the main page of the new study.