Monthly Website Update: April 2022
Dear Northwestern Research Community,
As a part of the Northwestern University IRB Office’s initiative to share timely resources and information with the research community, a new guidance and a new policy document were published this month:
- This guidance should be used to determine whether an activity constitutes Human Research and whether Northwestern University or its Affiliated Institutions are engaged in that activity.
- This policy exists to assist Human Research Investigators and their study teams in determining whether they may use Northwestern University’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) services.
Other documents were also updated this month, including:
- Suspension or Termination Issued Outside of Convened IRB SOP HRP-026
- Document Management and Record Retention of Institutional Review Board Records SOP HRP-072
- NOTE: This SOP was previously titled IRB Records Retention
- External Reporting Process SOP HRP-094
- Waiver of Consent Process for Emergency Research CHECKLIST HRP-419
- Post Approval Monitoring - Biomedical Research COMPLIANCE HRP-429
- Post Approval Monitoring - Checklist Data Review, Registries, or Specimen Collection COMPLIANCE HRP-1405
- Japanese Short-Form Consent
- Japanese Short Form Certificate of Translation
The website should be your first source for all documents. It is recommended to refrain from saving frequently used documents and to always access them from the website.
Northwestern IRB Office