Checklists & Worksheets
- Checklists contain important elements from pertinent regulations. IRB members, Designated Reviewers, and Compliance Analysts are required to complete these checklists as they review the research study.
- Study teams may use checklists to anticipate criteria for approval but they are not required.
- Study teams are also encouraged to use post-approval monitoring checklists to regularly monitor their research compliance. Study teams may be required to complete post-approval monitoring checklists upon request, but they are not submitted in eIRB+.
- Worksheets are guidance materials used by IRB Reviewers and Designated Reviewers during initial reviews, continuing reviews, and modification reviews to enhance compliance with federal, state, and local requirements.
- Study teams are encouraged to review worksheets as they write their protocols to address the criteria for approval but they are not required.